December 16, 2023
Date Night Cooking Class: Holiday Appetizers
'Tis the season to celebrate and get ready with fun ideas for holiday hors d'oeuvres. These finger foods are full of flavor and will satisfy friends and family. You'll make three great appetizers as we discuss the different building blocks for hors d'oeuvres and the keys to a successful party.
- Flaky Chicken and Roasted Vegetable Empanadas with Roja Sauce
- Sausage and Fontina Stuffed Mushrooms with Crispy Panko Topping
- Shrimp, Cabbage and Cilantro Spring Rolls with Sriracha Aioli
- Chocolate Chip and Ricotta Cannoli
December 24, 2023
Pickup 1pm to 2pm
Christmas Eve Prepared Meal: Roasted Filet and Maryland Crab Cakes
Avoid the hustle and bustle of the markets this Christmas with a complete dinner pack from Conquering Cuisine. We'll have your meal ready for pickup so you can easily reheat and serve. Our dinner packs are made fresh and in-house and include the main, sides and rolls. Book now, limited quantity available. Serves 6.
Main Course (6 portions of each):
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Two Sauces
- Horseradish Sauce and Red Wine Demi-glace Sauce
- Traditional Maryland Style Crab Cakes with Remoulade Sauce.
- Au Gratin Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Gruyere Cheese
- Green Beans with Toasted Almonds and Butter Sauce
- Mixed Green Salad with Goat Cheese, Dried Cranberries, Candied Walnuts and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- Snowflake Rolls with Whipped Butter
December 29, 2023
Demonstration Cooking Class: Seasonal Appetizers and Festive Cocktails
The party season has officially begun! This class combines creative holiday appetizers with cocktails that are perfect for the crisper weather. We'll focus on foods that are fresh and simply prepared using seasonal ingredients. We'll also show you how to make tasty cocktails that use fresh juices and homemade syrups to really set them apart.
- Crispy Sausage and Brie Stuffed Mushrooms with Garlicky Panko Bread Crumbs
- Pumpkin Ravioli with Rosemary Cream Sauce and Toasted Pine Nuts
- Beef Satay on Brioche Toast with Spicy Cranberry Sauce
- Butterscotch Budino with Caramel Sauce and Whipped Crème Fraiche
December 31, 2023
Pickup 3pm to 4pm
New Year's Eve Prepared Meal: Italian Style Braised Short Ribs
Wind down the 2023 in style with this Italian inspired dinner pack featuring tender beef smothered in a rich gravy. Served over the risotto is an incredibly satisfying meal. Headed out to ring in the new year. This dinner holds well and can be served on New Year's Day.
- Whipped Ricotta with Roasted Red Pepper Relish and Crostini
- Short Ribs Braised in Red Wine, Tomatoes, Pearl Onions and Garlic
- Creamy Risotto with White Wine, Parmesan and Herbs
- Mixed Green, Shaved Pear, Pecan and Pickled Red Onion Salad with House Dressing
- Dinner Rolls with Whipped Garlic and Herb Butter
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Crispy Bacon and Rosemary (optional)
January 5, 2024
Date Night Cooking Class: Food of Italy
There is no question that Italians have a passion for good cooking. When you start with incredible ingredients it's much easier to make simple dishes taste sublime. We'll make dishes that are representative of the country as a whole using authentic ingredients and tried-and-true preparations.
- Sauteed Shrimp and Spaghetti with Sicilian Pesto
- Sauteed Chicken with Lemon, Caper and Herb Sauce
- Romaine, Red Onion and Shaved Asparagus Salad with Parmesan Vinaigrette
January 5, 2024
Cooking Class & Dinner: Flavors of Tuscany
Tuscany typifies the cooking of Italy, a simple approach to preparing food that is based completely on the quality of the ingredients. Fresh herbs play a big part in the food, especially thyme, rosemary, and sage, as do spices, chilies, pork, pasta, and beans. We'll explore this amazing cuisine and make a four course meal that reflects it's rich traditions.
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Fontina Arancini with Basil Marinara
- Mixed Seafood Stew with Tomatoes, Fennel and Herbs
- Braised Chicken and Mushrooms with Homemade Egg Noodles
- Homemade Crepes Filled with Sweetened Ricotta
- Orange Syrup and Toasted Walnuts
January 6, 2024
Kids/Teen Cooking Class Series
The goal of these hands-on classes is to teach kids fundamental techniques needed to prepare a variety of basic meals. Along the way we stress kitchen safety and the proper use of and care of cooking tools. Each class will begin with instruction on the recipes being prepared included understanding the ingredients, measurements and procedure. Participants then prepare the items listed in each class with the guidance and supervision of instructors. The menus are designed to stress fresh ingredients and kid-friendly flavors. As the class progress the kids get to eat the dishes they prepared and ask questions. Each class will include two savory menu items relating to the theme of the day and one sweet menu item.
January 7, 2024
Cooking Class & Dinner: Our Italian Table
Braciole is a classic Italian Sunday supper dish. Beef, trimmed and pounded thin, stuffed, rolled and braised in a rich tomato and beef stock based sauce. It's not hard to make but technique is everything. We'll take you step by step through the process as well as showing you a great pasta, fresh salad and classic Italian dessert.
- Homemade Rosemary Focaccia with Fresh Burrata and Roasted Tomato Relish
- Romaine, Tomato and Red Onion Salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing
- Tender Braised Beef or Chicken in Rich Tomato Sauce with Diced Carrots and Onions
- Roasted Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Butter and Chive Sauce
- Homemade Tiramisu